Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mudroom: before & (almost) after

Yes, the mudroom is painted, but it's not finished. I need to do some thinking and some design, first! Right now, it's a blank slate. So... opinions are welcome (from my 2 readers)!

Here's the "before". This is one view, as you walk in the back door. (The closed door you see leads into the half bath.)













And the "after." Lighter and (hopefully) brighter!

I would like a couple things to be incorporated into the room: 1. Seating. 2. Possibly a few hooks for coats.

There IS a closet with 5 built-in shelves and a place to hang coats (the weird darker-looking wall to the right is actually the closet. SO, if there are no hooks, that's ok, too

.



Pictured below is the largest blank wall in the room (to the left, behind the door). We had hooks here, but it did tend to look cluttered. So far, I'm thinking of doing something more... pretty.



Here is some (pretty varied) inspiration:



I like this because of all the details! I like the basket for wood, and the clear vases with sand and reeds. I actually like how "cluttery" the shelf is, and the pillows. For my room, I can't put a bench under a shelf. The shelves would have to be on the large blank wall, and the bench would have to go on the wall with all the windows.










I like the modern, clean lines of this room. Mostly, I just love the dramatic floral arrangement! I don't like coat racks. They're cute, but too busy looking with more than one coat hanging on it.







This simple design is much more ME. I like the little bench, and the simple shelf, and even the hooks. I know we're not really designing for ME. But I do like it!





This small room is taking me longer than I thought (no real shock there)! We have changed our overall "to-do" list in the house and have re-prioritized. We have three rooms to do for sure. And, if we get to it, we'll tackle more rooms after those are done! We really only have the summer to do most of the work. Jeremy goes back to school this fall WHILE working full-time. And baby is coming in October! So, we've got to try and finish a lot before then! (Saving the kitchen for spring.)

We can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment